The How 2 Handbook is now on Facebook!  Come join us here, and become a fan!  We have a special guest coming to speak to everyone on a once in a lifetime conference call, but only our fans will be invited!

Be one of the few and learn what you have been missing by working for someone else!

Cheers,

Kathleen

Thursday, August 27, 2009

What if today were your last day?

How many times do we take life for granted when we never should. From things as simple as a smile, their heart filled laughter, or maybe a hug that we will never feel again. He was a gentle soul that once was graced by life.

You can say he was only a colleague but then again that never expresses the emptiness of missing the simple things in life like, every Friday morning seeing him ride up on his bike in pink or yellow riding gear. He’d always come in after us and we’d always give him a hard time for being late or riding in the rain, we could always find a reason but those morning were always filled with laughter.

I know when I left for my 3 month business trip to Canada I remember seeing him on my last Friday at brekky and I remember us saying, ‘Well we’ll see you again in 3 months for brekky.’That wonderful huge smile and he said, he'd be there to see me again.

That 3 months fell short when I got the email saying Peter was killed and I have to tell you that it has hit me hard. For a life to be taken so quickly, I can only imagine what his family is going thru so stop taking life, your life, your family’s life, anyone close to you, stop taking it for granted and live each day to the fullest of your potential.

The gift of life was taken in a split second for Peter and for him it’s gone but we still have the opportunity. Will we waste it like most that came before us or will we live it to the max?

Rest in peace Peter.

http://bit.ly/2XMRev

No comments: