The How 2 Handbook is now on Facebook!  Come join us here, and become a fan!  We have a special guest coming to speak to everyone on a once in a lifetime conference call, but only our fans will be invited!

Be one of the few and learn what you have been missing by working for someone else!

Cheers,

Kathleen

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Companies not clear on the concept

All we hear about these days is doom and gloom. How bad the economy is and how much worse it is going to get.

Well why is it then, that I can contact a company (advertising to be exact) set it all out so that, they know what I want to do, what time frame I'm looking at and the budget I am willing to spend. Don't get me wrong, I didn't go over the top in budget but I didn't skinny out either. They were the ones that told me the time frame vs spending that I would be looking at and I handed them a credit card and said, 'lets do it'.

They told me I would be contacted in a couple of days by my own advertising account manager, we'd go over every thing, set it all up and then we'd be off and running but I never got that call back, they never charged my credit card and I received no advertising. I know what your thinking and yes, I did call them back and left messages on their voice mail with still no response from anyone at the company. Considering all these facts is it any wonder that I'm a little hot under the collar?

To top it off, they did come recommended by an associate and word of mouth advertising is the best you can get. Now they have taken a possible long term client and turned the great word of mouth advertising that they did receive and any future good referrals from me, into someone that is NOT going to recommend them to anyone. How long do you think this company will stay in business if they continue on this path.

So some times it's not all doom and gloom because of the economy but just because of bad business practices.

It was once said that it takes months to build a foundation with a customer but seconds to destroy it. We didn't even get to start building it before it was destroyed.

That's all.

No comments: