The How 2 Handbook is now on Facebook!  Come join us here, and become a fan!  We have a special guest coming to speak to everyone on a once in a lifetime conference call, but only our fans will be invited!

Be one of the few and learn what you have been missing by working for someone else!

Cheers,

Kathleen

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Where do most people stand when it comes to their life?

Morty Lefkoe said it best, 'What’s the difference between the millions of people who lose their jobs and get paralyzed by feelings of hopelessness and helplessness and the 600,000 last year who said, how can I monetize my skills and interests, and who then created a new business?'

There is so much truth to that statement, look at America when the global down turned started. People were so fearful they went to the extreme and were killing their families and themselves. Why? Because they could not see past the immediate onslaught to what they could have actually accomplished had they looked at their life and situation in a different light.

How do you view it?

My view is that I now see losing my job as the best thing that could have happened to me. It is moving me on to where I really want to be, living and enjoying life on my terms. Each of us in our own way, looks at our own life differently as to where we want to be. The opportunities are there for anyone that wants to take up the challenge.

So my question to you is this, are you one of the millions or one of the 600,000?

I say it so many times but the truth is, life is choices, choosing not to make a choice, in essence is still making a choice.

That's all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you are saying, and what you are telling us we can achieve, and I want to believe you. But really, with everything that is happening right now, how is this going to help? How is this going to make me enough money to support my family?

Kathleen said...

Hello Anonymous,

I think the best way to answer this is to say that with what has been happening in our economy it forces us out of our comfort zone and allows us the freedom (should we choose to look at it that way) to look at new opportunities that we wouldn't have considered if our circumstances hadn't changed.

I am of the belief that our employment situation has changed forever and we must change and adapt to what is now our current reality.

When we are placed in a situation that is unfamiliar to us, our first thought is of fear and dread that we have lost something. But with the tremendous ability we have as humans, the sky is our limit. We can come up with the most incredible and life changing ideas when we are put under stress to protect ourselves and our families. It is in this time that we can achieve so much more and go beyond what we thought was possible.

You have to look outside the box that we are all in, we have been conditioned that we are our JOB, we are not our JOB!! In your JOB I imagine that you learned a lot of knowledge and skills that could be utilized towards other avenues. It will take a bit of time and if you dump the fear of no money in the garbage can for a bit and just take the time, I think you will see many opportunities.

I ask you, what have you wanted to do but felt you had no time for or had other restraints to stop you? How do you want to excel? Open yourself up to the possibilities and see what you can create.

Good luck and I wish you success in your journey, may it open many doors and bring you new found peace.

Cheers,
Kathleen