The How 2 Handbook is now on Facebook!  Come join us here, and become a fan!  We have a special guest coming to speak to everyone on a once in a lifetime conference call, but only our fans will be invited!

Be one of the few and learn what you have been missing by working for someone else!

Cheers,

Kathleen

Monday, March 16, 2009

Now What?

Ever get that feeling you've been here before and its all just a little too familiar for your liking? That's how it was for me to, I had been on this roller coaster ride one too many times and I knew all the turns, climbs and plummets . There was no excitement to the ride only the knowledge that no one knows when the oil and gas industry was going to come back on line, this time we got told it would be happening first part of January, then they backed it off a little to March, and when it got to June I knew we were in for a long run of the jobs being scarce.

January - that's when I decided to start changing direction for the employment opportunities but I soon realized that the regular avenues weren't to my liking, I mean, seriously, 6am -5pm all the while stuck behind a computer, stressed out at unrealistic deadlines, and clients that couldn't make up there minds on what they wanted. Was this really what I wanted? Again?

I had come to enjoy, waking up to actually see and enjoy the day, to be able to drive to the ocean to just marvel in the wonderment of it, to work on personal projects too long over due, meet friends for lunches and share stories with a great amount of laughter, plan holidays when I wanted to go and for the time frame I determined was good for me. I knew that I couldn't go back to being an employee so I went looking for an alternative where I would work the hours I wanted, to be able to live the life I had grown to absolutely love. I know it's not the same for everyone but how could you not want to live this way every day.

With that it started my journey to find the business that fit the life style I has so quickly become accustomed to and was unwilling to give up!

No comments: