The How 2 Handbook is now on Facebook!  Come join us here, and become a fan!  We have a special guest coming to speak to everyone on a once in a lifetime conference call, but only our fans will be invited!

Be one of the few and learn what you have been missing by working for someone else!

Cheers,

Kathleen

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Where will you be?

Come take a walk with me. . .

As I take my morning walk, it begins at the crest of my hill, from here I can see for kilometers from the sanctity of where I am to the city in the distance. Where too many people place their faith in a system not built to help the individual flourish.

It is from here I decent to the base of the hill and the silent retreat of the river’s walk.
As I reach the base I can see that the sun is just starting to peer over the horizon, spraying her light on the last droplets of dew which lay splattered on the leaves of the trees. Above my head the deafening screeching of the cockatoos and the crows as they look for dominance of the the tree tops above. The little finches zip in and around the branches and long grass and they playfully get ready for the new day ahead.

Walking along the bank of the river, I hear the pebbles crunch under my feet and as I slowly take in a long, deep breath of crisp clean cold air just fresh off the river. As I inhale the dampness of the air it fills my lungs with the most incredible awakening breath and the smell that follows is utterly refreshing.

Thru the trees lining the banks of the Maribrynong I can see that the last mist of the fog is disappearing. To mellow in the beauty of the river as it is so peaceful, so quiet, yet complete in the calmness, just waiting for the day to begin. Soon, it will be full of the rowers with their skillful oars that will slice the top of the water with such skill that not a sound is heard but right now, it is a sheet of glass just waiting to be broken.

Just then my silence is broken as in the distance I hear the sounds of traffic, horns sounding with the impatience being felt by all that make the journey to work at a job they probably don't really like that much.

If that is you then just remember, tomorrow you’ll be back in traffic and I'll be back here, living the lifestyle that I have created.

Choices, we all make them.

That’s all.

No comments: